Monday next week marks 6 years of me being in business.
Wow. Yes, that’s right.
I had to check that twice, I’m not even kidding, I found the initial business registration to make sure. I could have sworn it was 4, 5 at the absolute most. But nope – it’s 6 – more than half a decade!
A lot has happened over that time…including (but certainly not limited to…)
- Working with some incredible clients (both here and overseas), getting some amazing results and making some fabulous life long friends.
- Continuing to learn – from coaching programs to intensive professional development courses, to conferences and inspiration days. I’m an education junkie but I also believe that if you’re ‘not growing, you’re dying’ so doing something everyday to positively feed the mind and body is so important.
- Getting married surrounded by our beautiful family and friends in a tropical paradise.
- Buying and selling a number of properties and spending two years designing and building our dream home.
- Travelling to 26 countries and managing to take advantage of hubby’s long service leave to disappear around the world for 5 1/2 months whilst still managing to keep the business going (yes, the wifi in Colombia is better than here!)
- Helping to launch 5 completely new brands from scratch and working with countless others in rebrands and scaling projects.
- Facilitating more than 30 workshops in brand strategy and marketing planning around Australia.
- Creating the Confessions of a Small Business Owner blog (which you’re reading right now!) along with a number of online programs including the 12 Week Brand Transformation Program.
- Co-hosting a weekly podcast on iTunes (and soon to be Spotify) the ‘Momentum Life Project’ which is directly associated with a second business launched around 18 months ago – The Momentum Architects, all about gaining maximum momentum and reaching true potential in work, life and play.
- With the second business, designing a ‘momentum.me’ journal – part journal, part planner, part life designer along with a number of key tools to get organised and achieve your goals (all available soon!) – there’s also a very special day being planned – more details soon but save the date: Saturday 16th March!
I’m not saying any of the above to brag but I think as humans (and especially as business owners) we sometimes forget how much we’ve really achieved.
Above all, I’ve learned that more than anything, business is about self-awareness first and foremost. Knowing who you are, how you think, feel and behave is key. Of course business acumen is important, but unless you understand YOU – to be able to get through the insane highs and lows of being a business owner – the long hours, the hard work, the sleepless nights tossing and turning about cash-flow and about whether to take that risk that could be ‘the gamechanger’ then you’ll simply find yourself wishing you’d stayed in the j.o.b.!
So a HUGE THANKS to everyone who has been on this journey with me. Each and every one of you has contributed to Pepperpot Marketing and made it what it is today. Whether a client, a Confessions reader, a friend, a coaching buddy or anyone else who has in some way shape, or form connected with me – THANKS!!!!!! I am truly humbled that a ‘little project’ I started to ‘see how it would go’ is now 6!!!!
Love your work!
"Confessions of a Small Business Owner"
Get a regular dose of tips, tools and the occasional rant delivered straight to your inbox
Welcome to the community, look out for the first instalment hitting your inbox soon
Chief Brand Strategist